- Ph.D. in Physics, University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL), 2012
- M.S. in Astronomy, University of Western Ontario (London, ON, Canada), 2006
- B.S. in Physics, Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC, Canada), 2005
- Analyzing spectroscopic phase curves of short-period transiting exoplanets.
- Developing an exoplanet classification scheme based on physical properties.
- Revealing planetary system architecture through transit timing variations (TTVs).
- Investigating new technologies, mission concepts, and observational techniques.
- Exoplanet characterization using transmission- and emission-spectroscopy observations.
- Ground-based telescopes include time with Gemini, Magellan, and Keck.
- Space-based telescopes include Hubble and Spitzer.
- Exoplanet detection and characterization using broadband photometry observations with the Spitzer Space Telescope.
- Advanced data analyses and algorithms.
University of Chicago -- NASA Sagan Fellow (2014 -- Present)
University of Chicago -- Postdoctoral Scholar (2012 -- 2014)
University of Central Florida -- Graduate Research Assistant (2007 -- 2012)
Recent Observing Programs
- HST/WFC3: 1 program as PI, 8 orbits.
- Spitzer/IRAC: 4 programs as PI, 104 hours.
- Joint Spitzer+HST: 1 program as Technical Contact, 134 hours + 30 orbits.
- NOAO/KOSMOS: PI, 4 nights. From Exoplanets to Exoworlds: Atmospheric Characterization with KOSMOS.
- Keck/MOSFIRE: PI, 6 nights. The Composition and Chemistry of Moderately-Irradiated Exoplanets.
- Gemini/GMOS: Co-I, 95 hours. Detection and Characterization of Clouds in Exoplanet Atmospheres.
- Gemini/FLAMINGOS-2: PI, 2 nights. Validation of FLAMINGOS-2 for Exoplanet Research: The WASP-18b Case Study.
- Magellan (IMACS, LDSS3, and MMIRS): PI, 8 nights; Co-I, 9 nights. Continuing exoplanet characterization and exploring new techniques.
As a principal investigator (PI), I have been awarded 104 hours of Spitzer Space Telescope time, 8 orbits with the Hubble Space Telescope, and 20 nights of observing time on some of the largest telescopes in the world. I am also a co-investigator on the largest exoplanet HST treasury program to date and the technical contact for two large Spitzer programs.
Space-Based Programs: 2013 -- 2015
1 Treasury program as Co-I, 150 orbits.
1 program as Technical Contact, 100 hours.
1 program as Co-I, 15 hours.
1 program as Co-I, 52 hours + 16 orbits.