- Ph.D. in Physics, University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL), 2012
- M.S. in Astronomy, University of Western Ontario (London, ON, Canada), 2006
- B.S. in Physics, Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC, Canada), 2005
- Developing an exoplanet classification scheme based on observable markers.
- Exoplanet characterization using transmission- and emission-spectroscopy observations.
- Ground-based telescopes include time with Gemini, Magellan, and Keck.
- Space-based telescopes include Hubble and Spitzer.
- Exoplanet detection and characterization using broadband photometry observations with the Spitzer Space Telescope.
- Advanced data analysis and algorithms.
University of Chicago -- NASA Sagan Fellow (2014 -- Present)
University of Chicago -- Postdoctoral Scholar (2012 -- 2014)
University of Central Florida -- Graduate Research Assistant (2007 -- 2012)
Recent Observing Programs
- Spitzer/IRAC: PI, 26 hours. The Newest Hot Jupiter Archetype Through the Eyes of NASA's Great Observatories.
- HST/WFC3: PI, 8 orbits. Confirming a Sub-Earth-Size Exoplanet in the Solar Neighborhood.
- HST/WFC3: Co-I, 150 orbits. Follow The Water: The Ultimate WFC3 Exoplanet Atmosphere Survey.
- Spitzer/IRAC: Co-I & technical contact, 100 hours. Two Eyes on the Prize: Revealing the Complete Architectures of Planetary Systems Through Transit Timing with Kepler and Spitzer.
- Keck/MOSFIRE: PI, 6 nights. The Composition and Chemistry of Moderately-Irradiated Exoplanets.
- Gemini/FLAMINGOS-2: PI, 2 nights. Validation of FLAMINGOS-2 for Exoplanet Research: The WASP-18b Case Study.
- Magellan (IMACS, LDSS3, and MMIRS): PI, 3 nights; Co-I, 9 nights. Continuing exoplanet characterization and exploring new techniques.
As a principal investigator (PI), I have been awarded 26 hours of Spitzer Space Telescope time, 8 orbits with the Hubble Space Telescope, and 11 nights of observing time on some of the largest telescopes in the world. I am also a co-investigator on the largest exoplanet HST treasury program to date and the technical contact for a large Spitzer DDT program.