UofC APO information: User's Committee meetings
These incredibly useful summaries are posted to the
- June 8, 1998 - Status of secondary polishing,
Recent visitor instruments, Tertiary rotation, Recruitment status,
Status of Echelle, The night from hell.
- May 11, 1998 - Status of Instruments;
New Dust Policy; Recruitment Status at the Site;
Status of T1 line from Las Cruces.
- Apr 15, 1998 - several things.
- Mar 9, 1998 - updates on several items.
- Feb 9, 1998 - 3.5m special BoG meeting;
Site report (Recent net performance, Image quality tests, Throughput,
Recruitment); Secondary status; DDT status; Instrument reports (DIS,
SPIcam, Guider, Echelle, GRIM2).
- Jan 5, 1998 - Who gets charged for open time?;
Policy for Director's Discretionary time; Good news on seeing;
Snow policy; Status of Secondary negotiations;
Status of DIS.
- Dec 8, 1997 - Outcome of BoG meeting;
Director's Discretionary Time policies; Status of new secondary project;
Priorities and projects for 2nd year of three year plan;
Echelle status; Miscellaneous.
- Nov 17, 1997 - Status of DIS gratings and Grim filters
Status of Secondary schedule, Upcoming Board meeting; next year's budget,
- Oct 27, 1997 - Upcoming Board of Governor's
meeting (November 25), Director's Discretionary Time, Instrument Policy;
State of the Observatory Post-shutdown; Focus Changes; Dust shutdowns.
- Sept 19-20, 1997 - Users Community
Meeting - Lots and lots and lots of stuff...
- Sept 8,1997 - Status report on current shutdown,
How to schedule shutdowns, Agenda for community meeting,
Funds for 3-year plans, Half vs. Whole nights, Progress on DIS.
- July 14, 1997 - The scheduling of shutdowns,
Slip of August-September shutdown, Twilight time: who gets it?,
Community meeting in September, Getting User Feedback at the end of
a run, Miscellaneous News.
- June 9, 1997 - shutdown plan, community
meeting, secondary, HST SPIKE software to schedule telescope, 3-yr plan
- May 12, 1997 - Current status of Three-year Plan;
Current status of DIS; Optical counterparts to Gamma-ray bursts & what
shall we do with targets of opportunity?; The Future of DSC;
Upcoming negotiations with WSMR.
- Apr 14, 1997 - The current status of DIS;
The Primary Mirror Support System, other recent developments;
- Mar 10, 1997 - instrument fixes and upgrades,
computer problems, focus shifts, schedules, dorms, closing criteria,
dust monitoring system.
- Feb 10, 1997 - CCD cameras for the Guider
and for the Echelle; Observations of Hale-Bopp with the 3.5m?; SPICam
status, future, and user documentation; Targets of Opportunity programs;
New DIS gratings; New chips for DIS?; Recent Pointing Problems;
Recent Computer Glitches; Continued monitoring of the throughput;
- Jan 8, 1997 - telescope shutdown discussion.
- Dec 9, 1996 - instrumentation/science meeting,
current shutdown update, board mtg, 3-year plan, APO
publications record, new secondary status, WSMR arragements.
- Oct 14, 1996 - echelle report, draft 3 year plan,
WSMR use of 3.5m, SLIP connections, engineering time, SPIcam update,
- Sept 9, 1996 - Baltimore mtg: new instruments,
extinction at APO, plans for technical documentation, policies
for allocating daytime and twilight.
- July 8, 1996 - DIS refurbishment, afternoon and
weekend site support, secondary mirror, finances, data archiving.
- June 3, 1996 - fire danger, is observatory
satisfactory, Chris Stubbs' status
- May 13, 1996 - forest fires, accounting
scientific productivity, DSC, visitor instruments, instrument
- Apr 8, 1996 - echelle status, realuminizing
primary, optical throughput, recent engineering projects, JHU/UC/ARC
- Mar 11, 1996 - dorm policy, observing specialists
and weather, status update, enclosure wheel, throughput, engineers,
- Feb 5, 1996 - what done during shutdown, action
items, opening website, trading time.
- Feb 1, 1996 (really a Jan meeting?) - status
reports, calibration, software, shutdown, new observer training,
Go back to UofC Astro APO home page
last modified 7 June 1996
Any opinions expressed on this page have nothing to do with
the University of Chicago or the Department of Astronomy and