|Travel Log: 20 December 2001|
Dateline: Thursday, 20 December 2001
Well, the good news is that the weather is nice and that all of us made the manifest. The bad news is that one of the engines was having problems and it was going to take too long to fix for the flight crew to stay on duty.
We left McMurdo Base at 10:30 PM in a very slow vehicle called a Delta. We then waited out at Pegasus runway until 4:30 AM when our flight was officially canceled, drove back to McMurdo in another slow but slightly faster vehicle, and now we are waiting to get out tonight.
Currently we are scheduled to leave 8 PM.... We will see.
Admiring the Kiwi (New Zealand) woodworking display by Scott's Hut.
Riding out to the runway on the Delta, to board a plane to New Zealand.
What's the delay now? Our gang waits with the other passengers while mechanics try to fix an engine problem.
Erebus towers over Castle Rock. At least the view is awesome!