This page has both general and
How to join the CARA research team
- Work in Antarctica
- There are many avenues to obtaining work in the Antarctic,
not all of which are CARA-related. Occasionally, CARA has an
engineering position open.
Raytheon Polar Services
hires all the support staff in Antarctica
for the National Science Foundation's Office of Polar Programs;
here is the current
listing of jobs available.
- Opportunities for Pre-College Teachers and
- We have been supporting the NSF TEA/SEA programs to send
teachers and students to Antarctica. Future opportunities will
be posted here when we learn of them.
- CARA frequently supports undergraduates to assist with its
research. During the summers, we usually have support for
approximately ten students total, located at several
institutions, none of which are in Antarctica
(all of which
are in the US). See http://astro.uchicago.edu/cara/reu/ for more information.
- Graduate Students
- You should apply directly to the graduate institutions
associated with the CARA
- Postdoctoral Positions
- Inquire directly to the
associated with CARA.