YSI 1995 / Reporting Groups / Solar Interior
Students: Linda Nimpson, Earl Hitchcock, and Michael Cooper
Teaching Assistant: Shalina Hampton
board. Each of the flaps marked "FACT" lifts up to reveal one of the
following facts about the Sun:
- The Sun is an average star.
- The Sun's core is at 27 million degrees F.
- The Sun converts mass to energy.
- The Sun loses 5 million tons of mass each second.
- As we now see it, the Sun can last for another 5 billion years.
- The Sun can hold more than 1,300,000 Earths!
A close-up of the
The talk on Saturday.
Go back to the Reporting groups page.
Go back to the YSI 95 On-Line home page.