Labs from Chicago / Winter, 1994 / Electronics Package.
Here are some of the labs and lesson plans written and used by Drs. Kron
and Newberg and Ms. Rebull during
the Electronics class held in Winter Quarter 1994.
Important Disclaimers and
This was part of the CARA Amateur Radio program.
Sample quiz question for the following week were handed out with each
lab; every week there was a quiz on the material from the previous week.
The quiz questions were taken from practice radio liscense exams.
Many of the circuit diagrams did not make it into the hypertext
version of these labs. If there is sufficient demand, they can be
made available. Petition email@example.com if you want
- Lab #1
- This was an introduction to the course, covering metric units,
introduction to morse code, etc.
- Lab #2: Circuit Diagrams and
- We introduce the basic concept of a circuit diagram and define
- Lab #3: Ohm's Law
- We explore the relationship between V, R, and I.
- Lab #4: Parallel
- We start to construct more complicated circuits.
- Lab #5: Capacitors and
- We learn about capacitors and transistors.
- Lab #6: Electricity and
- We make an electromagnet and a light meter.
- Lab #7: Electrical Power
- We make a graph in the process of learning about energy and power.
- Lab #8: Wavelength and
- We measure the speed of sound and do other experiments with
wavelength and frequency.
Go back to the Chicago 1994 home page.