Labs from Chicago, Fall 1993 :
Dr. Rich Kron, Dr. Heidi Newberg, and Luisa Rebull
Light as a form of Energy Quiz.
Labs written for the CARA Space Explorers, Fall 1993
This is meant to be handed out to the students.
1. (3 pts) There are three ways that heat energy can be
transported: conduction, convection, and radiation.
Which of these applies to each of the following
2. (2 pts) The planet Jupiter is about 5 times as far from
the Sun as is the Earth. Is the sunlight on the surface
of Jupiter brighter or dimmer than the sunlight on the
surface of the earth?
- (a) thermal energy from the Sun being deposited at the surface of
- (b) warm air rising from a first-floor heater to a room on the
- (c) a metal handle on a saucepan feels hot!
Important Disclaimers and
Go back to the Chicago Fall 1993 Energy home